High Speed Parcel Induction
The PickOne Perception System identifies the pick points of randomly oriented items to enable a robot to pick them at high speed.
PickOne verifies placement and addresses errors by issuing robot commands to reposition errant items.
A major e-commerce retailer desires to automate picking boxes, padded mailers, and poly bags from a pile and place them one-at-a-time onto a conveyor at a rate of >25 ppm.
How it Works
PickOne identifies the location and orientation of randomly oriented parcels in a pile and sends these points to a robot. It picks each parcel from the pile and places it onto a conveyor. PickOne verifies the placement and addresses errors by issuing robot commands to reposition errant parcels.
If PickOne is not able to identify a parcel to be picked, it issues a request to Yonder, Plus One Robotics’ remote supervised autonomy platform, and a Crew Chief clicks the image of the parcel to be picked on the screen so the robot may continue operation in seconds.
- Immediately frees up (7) associates per shift to do value-added work instead of routine induction.
- Reduces turnover by improving job satisfaction
- Reduces cost per unit by $0.02
- Decreases exceptions by half
- Parcel types: boxes, padded mailers, poly bags
- Parcel weight: <10 lbs.
- Parcel size: 6”– 24” (longest edge)
- Parcel height: 0.25” minimum
- Net rate: 30+ parcels/min
- Quality: 99%+