Segmented Tote Picking
The PickOne Perception System identifies the pick points of randomly oriented items in a tote to allow a robot to pick them.
PickOne verifies placement and addresses errors by issuing robot commands to reposition errant items.
A global cosmetics brand is expanding their ASRS system to 8 goods-to-person pick stations, doubling capacity. Their goal is to robotically pick from 4 of these stations.
How it Works
When the ASRS system delivers the donor and order totes to the station, PickOne tells the robot where the item is in the donor tote and the robot places this item in the correct section of the order tote.
Shiny and transparent items (typical in cosmetics packaging) are challenging for vision systems. When PickOne is not confident enough to issue the robot a pick command, it generates a Yonder request and a remote Crew Chief intervenes. In seconds, the Crew Chief informs the robot what to pick and the system continues.
- Increases throughput without increasing labor
- Reduces turnover by improving job satisfaction
- Reduces cost per unit by $.01 per line item per order
- Item types: boxes, poly bags, irregularly shaped items without packaging
- Max item weight: 12 oz.
- Max item Size: 12” x 4” x 4”
- Typical run rate: 900 PPH
- Quality: 98%+