Web Application Software Developer
Join Plus One Robotics as a Web Application Software Developer to get in on the ground floor of a tenacious startup company that is developing web-connected robotic solutions for logistics and e-commerce applications. As part of our team, you will need to hit the ground running and make critical decisions relating to design and implementation.
- Architect, develop, test, and productize web-based human-robot interface solutions
- Compose/present technical communication with/for colleagues and customers
- Occasionally travel to customer sites to collect data or support deployed systems
- Solve problems that arise proactively and creatively
- Ability to operate common power tools for modification and construction purposes
We are seeking:
- BS in Comp Sci, Digital Design, or a related field or equivalent applicable industry experience
- Willing to work in React.js framework
- Experience with version control tools: Git, GitHub/GitLab
- Able to work in fast-paced, team driven environment
- Ability to optimize systems for speed (low latency)
- Reliable transportation is a must
Nice to haves:
- Formal UX training
- Practical software engineering experience with any of the following: C++, Python, ROS
- Familiarity with Linux, Bash
- General knowledge of robotic domains such as, but not limited to, machine vision, motion planning, machine learning, and calibration
What we offer:
- The opportunity to change the world by bringing people and robots together
- Competitive salary with benefits and equity opportunity
- World-class team (founders of ROS-Industrial OSS)
- Creative, dynamic, energetic work environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will also have occasional work in the warehouse, either in our facility or our customer’s. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This is an exempt full-time position in San Antonio, TX, USA. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
Plus One Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.