As a member of the technical staff, the Systems Engineer is responsible for the development and deployment of cutting edge, complete robotic solutions for logistics and e-commerce applications. This position requires empathy for the customer as the engineer will travel to client facilities to install deployment, pilot, and demo systems. This position will require a high level of technical understanding of the Plus One product offering, as this person will be a local point of contact for several current EU efforts and clients. This position will be customer-facing and play a role as envoy of the sales team. As the external face of Plus One and the internal bridge from the main US office to the EU, this position requires clear, professional, courteous, and continuous communication. Lastly, as a member of the small but growing EU office, this position will need to exemplify frugality, creativity, and flexibility.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Confidently represent Plus One Robotics to its customers, vendors, and prospective customers
- Frequently travel to customer sites to collect data, install, or support deployed systems. Additionally, travel related duties will include assessing new applications, demonstrating technology, and supporting sales activities as the subject matter expert
- Compose and present technical communication with and for colleagues
- Diagnose and isolate root causes of issues in both hardware and software of ROS-based systems
- Perform reach studies, cycle time estimation, process design and animation, and device configuration
- Create, innovate, and invent new and improved automation products and solutions for material handling
- Provide technical, budgetary, and schedule information to project managers
- Assist in problem resolution specific to the programs and projects
- Participate in project teams and provide feedback to inform the development of new or existing products
- Solve problems that arise proactively and creatively; persist in the face of challenges
- When equipment becomes available: program, test, and demonstrate demo and pilot robotic systems
- Demonstrate a passion for robotics and mechatronic systems and a pride of ownership
- Be an evangelist for Plus One Robotics as the leader in this industry
- Work in fast-paced, team driven environment
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving and Analysis.
- Communication Proficiency
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Robotics Engineering or a related field, or 3+ years’ work experience.
Experience with any of the following:
- 5+ years of logistics/automation system integration experience or experience in a related field
- Programming and Configuration:
- Native Robot Software (Fanuc TTP, Kerel preferred)
- Devices (Cameras, PLC’s, barcode scanners, motion control)
- C++, Python, Git, Github/Gitlab, issue tracking
- Device networking: device network configuration, network troubleshooting
- Electrical/Electronics: Wiring components, review electrical schematics
- Communication devices: Fieldbus, Discrete IO, etc.
- Tools: Windows, Linux (Ubuntu), Microsoft Office, ROS-I/ROS
- Certifications such as: PE, PMP, Six Sigma, Agile
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Proficiency in English required. Proficiency in Dutch, Italian, German, or French desired
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will also have occasional work in the warehouse, either in our facility or our customer’s. While performing the duties of this job, the person may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time, 40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm.
Frequent project-based intermittent overnight travel is expected, up to two weeks at a time during deployment phase (50% travel anticipated). International travel will require a valid passport.
Must be able to show documentation that shows authorization to legally work in the EU.
Plus One Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.