System Integration Engineer – San Antonio, TX
Join Plus One Robotics as a System Integration Engineer to get in on the ground floor of a tenacious startup company that is developing web-connected robotic solutions for logistics and e-commerce applications!
- Conceptualize, design, simulate, program, test, and demonstrate pilot/production robotic systems
- Perform reach studies, cycle time estimation, process design/animation, device configuration
- Create, innovate, and invent new/better automation products/solutions for material handling
- Produce design documents, assembly/work instructions, and bill of materials
- Periodically travel to customer sites to collect data, install, or support deployed systems
- Confidently represent Plus One Robotics to its customers and vendors as an automation SME
- Diagnose and isolate root causes both hardware and software (ROS-based systems)
- Assist in problem resolution specific to the program/project
- Participate in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products
- Solve problems that arise proactively and creatively; persist in the face of challenges
- Perform hands-on wiring/electrical installation
- Manage inventory of critical project specific components
We are seeking:
- Bachelors/Masters in Mechanical/Electrical/Computer Engineering or a related field, and 2+ years’ work experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Passion for robotics and mechatronic systems and pride of ownership.
- Able to work in fast-paced, team-driven environment.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Must have a valid passport or obtain one within first 3 months of hire.
Nice to Haves:
- 2+ years of logistics/automation system integration experience or experience in a related field
- Programming and Configuration:
- Native Robot Software (INFORM, MotoPlus, TP, KAREL, RAPID, UR, VAL3, etc.)
- Devices (Cameras, PLC’s, barcode scanners, motion control)
- C++, Python, Git, Github/Gitlab, QtCreator (or other IDE)
- Device networking: device network configuration, network troubleshooting
- Electrical/Electronics: Wiring components, Review electrical schematics
- Communication devices: Fieldbus, Discrete IO, etc.
- Tools: Windows, Linux (Ubuntu), Microsoft Office, ROS-I/ROS
- Other Skills: Deep learning, Reinforcement learning, Agile software development, Test driven development
Intermittent travel up to 50% of the time is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may also be necessary.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to change the world by bringing people and robots together
- Competitive salary with 100% paid for benefits, and equity opportunity
- 8-week 100% paid maternity leave
- 4-week 100% paid paternity leave
- Work alongside a world-class team (founders of ROS-Industrial OSS)
- Creative, dynamic, energetic work environment
- Opportunity to indulge your passion for robots
- And last but not least, Taco Mondays!
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time, 40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm.