- Assists in making designs and testing technical solutions.
- Assists in reviewing code submitted by others for quality and completeness.
- Executes sprint taskings by writing high-quality code utilizing open source and existing in-house technology.
- Creates unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Effectively manages his/her own time independently in order to estimate time requirements and complete sprint goals.
- Is responsive to and participative in team communications during business hours via in-person, phone, and chats.
- Gives periodic demonstrations of their work progress to the broader team including executives.
- Creates developer documentation describing new functionality they have created.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Works well with others and respectful of those will differing skill sets and expertise levels.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Comfortable familiarity with the Internet and commonly used computer applications and functions.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Comfortable with taking initiative.
- Sense of urgency, a bias towards action.
- Ability to problem solve and analyze.
- Maintains a team player mentality with all parties.
- Maintains empathy towards clients.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Strong proficiency with the Linux operating system, namely Ubuntu.
- Strong proficiency with Git and CICD.
- Strong experience with React, Redux, NodeJS, Docker, GraphQL, HTML, CSS, unit testing and/or RxJS.
- Ability to adapt with changing technologies & frameworks.
- Ability to learn new skills, tools, development kits, frameworks, etc. A growth mindset.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
Preferred Education and Experience
- BS in Comp–Sci or a related field, or equivalent applicable industry experience
- Over 5 years professional developer experience
- Familiarity with cloud architectures (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with Docker/Containerization
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will also have occasional work and exposure to robots, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites may at times be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time, 40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm.
Occasional travel outside the local area may be necessary.
Must be able to show documentation that shows authorization to legally work in the U.S.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to change the world by bringing people and robots together
- Competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package, including 100% payment of premiums for employees and 90% of premiums for their dependents.
- 8-week 100% paid maternity leave
- 4-week 100% paid paternity leave
- Work alongside a world-class team (founders of ROS-Industrial OSS)
- Creative, dynamic, energetic work environment
- Opportunity to indulge your passion for robots
- And last but not least, Taco Mondays!
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.