Sr. System Integration Engineer
As a member of the technical staff, the Senior System Integration Engineer is responsible for the development of cutting edge complete robotic solutions for logistics and e-commerce applications. This position requires empathy for the customer as the engineer will travel to client facilities to install deployment/pilot/demo systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conceptualize, design, simulate, program, test, and demonstrate pilot/production robotic systems
- Perform reach studies, cycle time estimation, process design/animation, device configuration
- Create, innovate, and invent new/better automation products/solutions for material handling
- Produce design documents, assembly/work instructions, and bill of materials
- Confidently represent Plus One Robotics to its customers and vendors as an automation SME
- Provide technical, budgetary, and schedule information to project managers
- Periodically travel to customer sites to collect data, install, or support deployed systems
- Compose/present technical communication with/for colleagues
- Diagnose and isolate root causes both hardware and software (ROS-based systems)
- Assist in problem resolution specific to the program/project
- Participate in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products
- Solve problems that arise proactively and creatively; persist in the face of challenges
- Perform hands-on wiring/electrical installation
- Manage vendors and inventory of critical project specific components
- Passion for robotics and mechatronic systems and pride of ownership
- Able to work in fast-paced, team driven environment
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors/Masters in Mechanical Engineering or a related field, or 8+ years’ work experience
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience with any of the following:
- 5+ years of logistics/automation system integration experience or experience in a related field
- Programming and Configuration:
- Native Robot Software (INFORM, MotoPlus, TP, KAREL, RAPID, UR, VAL3, etc.)
- Devices (Cameras, PLC’s, barcode scanners, motion control)
- C++, Python, Git, Github/Gitlab, QtCreator (or other IDE)
- Device networking: device network configuration, network troubleshooting
- Electrical/Electronics: Wiring components, Review electrical schematics
- Communication devices: Fieldbus, Discrete IO, etc.
- Tools: Windows, Linux (Ubuntu), Microsoft Office, ROS-I/ROS
- Certifications such as: PE, PMP, Six Sigma, Agile
- Other Skills: Deep learning, Reinforcement learning, Agile software development, Test driven development
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will also have occasional work in the warehouse, either in our facility or our customer’s. While performing the duties of this job, the intern may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time, 40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm.
Project-based intermittent overnight travel, up to two weeks at a time during deployment phase. International travel will require a valid passport.
Must be able to show documentation that shows authorization to legally work in the U.S.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to change the world by bringing people and robots together
- Competitive salary with 100% paid for benefits, and equity opportunity
- 8-week 100% paid maternity leave
- 4-week 100% paid paternity leave
- Work alongside a world-class team (founders of ROS-Industrial OSS)
- Creative, dynamic, energetic work environment
- Opportunity to indulge your passion for robots
- And last but not least, Taco Mondays!
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.