Sr. System Integration Developer
Join Plus One Robotics as a Sr. Integration Developer to get in on the ground floor of a tenacious startup that is developing robotic solutions for logistics and e-commerce applications. Each application for Plus One’s software solutions needs to be efficiently integrated with robotic/controls hardware and customer systems to maximize value. As part of our Operations team, you will hit the ground running to plan, architect, develop, test and install demonstration systems and pilot systems to delight Plus One’s customers.
- Architect, develop, test, and install software on client systems.
- Create, innovate, and invent new/better automation products/solutions for material handling
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and mentorship to team members
- Confidently represent Plus One Robotics to its customers and vendors as an automation SME
- Provide technical and schedule information to project managers
- 25% travel to customer sites to collect data, install, or support deployed systems
- Persist in the face of challenges and offer creative solutions to project roadblocks
We are seeking:
- Industry experience in C++ and Python software
development: Software architecture, passion for developing and optimizing
systems for speed and reliability.
- Experience with version control tools: Git, GitHub/GitLab
- Socket communication and basic networking skills
- Natural curiosity and commitment to continued learning/professional development
- Able to work in fast paced, team driven environment
- MS or PhD in CS, CE, Software Engineering, Robotics, or a related field and 5 years of experience
- Or BS with applicable industry experience and 10 year of industry experience
- Bias to action, sense of ownership, willingness to commit to a deadline, and enjoys travel
Nice to haves:
- Experience with any of the following: OpenCV, PCL, CUDA, OpenCL, Python, ROS(-I), MoveIt!
- Knowledge of robotic domains such as machine vision, machine learning, motion planning, calibration
- Native robot software programming skills (INFORM, KAREL, RAPID, UR, etc.)
- Electrical, electronics, controls, PLC, optics experience. Ability to read electrical schematics
- You’ve controlled an industrial robot with ROS
- Awards, achievements, certifications, patents, presentations, publications, etc.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to change the world by bringing people and robots together
- Competitive salary with benefits and equity!
- World-class team (industry thought leaders and founders of ROS-Industrial OSS)
- Creative, dynamic, energetic work environment
- Opportunity to indulge your passion for robots
This is an exempt, full-time position starting March 2019. Job location: San Antonio, TX, USA.
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.