Plus One Robotics is a tenacious startup that serves logistics and e-commerce clients. The Sr. Product Manager at Plus One Robotics will own the pricing, positioning, and roadmap of user-empowered robotics software products. . The Sr. Product Manager performs on the ground customer research, competitive analysis, sales enablement, and market trends to inform key development areas for the product. The Sr. Product Manager will work cross-functionally with engineering, operations, and sales teams through product design, development, and maintenance stages to ensure product objectives are aligned to key results for the company. Additionally, the Sr. Product Manager will provide thought leadership on business model creation and monetization strategies to support Plus One Robotics’ product vision.
Be a critical part of a growing and diverse team primarily supporting new and evolving products with the following duties:
- Market Analysis – Lead market intelligence analysis for supply chain software robotics products. Visit current and prospective customers and perform stakeholder interviews to assess needs. Conduct relevant secondary research as needed to support primary research efforts. Understand and define market segmentation and related product positioning. Identify potential gaps in portfolio, both against competition and new market opportunity.
- Manufacturing Support – Ensure that engineering documentation for the manufacture of the product is complete. Facilitate any updates to the product manufacturing throughout the life of the product. Facilitate early discussions with vendors for major product components, including planning and replacement of any end-of-life components.
- Product Process – Own the market specification of the product. Determine a product business plan that supports sustainable growth. Set the vision, strategy, and roadmap for product with Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and executives. Under the supervision of the CTO, lead product planning efforts such as product life cycle management, performance plans and analysis, and design and update initiatives, e.g. enhancements, cost reductions, and phase-outs. Support technical product development with product planning efforts, e.g. collaborative wireframe creation, persona design, feature prioritization, backlog management, and cross-functional coordination. Communicate, update, and gather feedback from key internal and external stakeholders throughout the process.
- Product Documentation – Partner with marketing and sales to develop and maintain product documentation, including brochures, manuals, spec sheets, API reference, FAQs, and other documents.
- Product Pricing – Meet with customers to understand how they expect pricing will work. Leverage and understand customer value, competitor benchmarks, and feasible pricing models to scope pricing options. Design and test pricing methods to optimize final selection. Perform and communicate financial projections for executive staff, CTO, and/or investors to ensure a profitable business case for the company.
- Sales-Enablement and Alignment – Work with sales team to develop customer communication plans, product training, and go-to-market initiatives to support product launches/demos/events. Ensure that sales pipeline is supported by roadmap. Balance the needs of immediate sales opportunities, technical constraints, and strategic plans.
- Marketing Communications – Produce product content for the marketing specific needs, including web sites, advertisements, customer facing roadmap, and sales decks.
- Product Ecosystem – Ensure that the product ecosystem, which includes users at multiple levels in both distribution and production, are considered in product decisions and strategy. Work with sales and marketing to define and focus efforts for customer personas within the ecosystem.
- Entrepreneurial instinct. You thrive in a changing, ambiguous environment, and have a bias toward action.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly collaborative, adept in building relationships and communicating with stakeholders at every level.
- Willingness to relocate to San Antonio, TX.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree, or a related field or equivalent applicable industry experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in Product Management or similar function
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 7-10 years in Product Management
- Specific experience in logistics, order fulfillment, or robotics markets
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will also have occasional work and exposure to robots, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites may at times be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; and frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time, 40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm.
Occasional travel, up to 20%, outside the local area, including international, may be necessary.
Must be able to show documentation that shows authorization to legally work in the U.S.
Plus One Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.