Plus One Robotics is looking for a Sr. Developer – AI/Vision to assist with the development of our artificial intelligence for robots using logistics and e-commerce applications. As part of our Product Development team, you will hit the ground running to plan, develop, test and support the deployment of our Pick One software.
Be a critical part of a growing and diverse technical team with the following duties:
- Evaluate new technologies and/or applications to define requirements for development team
- Architect, develop, test, and productize artificial intelligence algorithms for robot perception solutions
- Compose/present technical communication with/for colleagues and clients
- Travel to customer sites to collect data or support deployed systems
- Solve problems that arise proactively and creatively
- Mentor junior staff development
- Present to management and stakeholders
- Operate common power tools for modifying and construction purposes
- Entrepreneurial instinct. You thrive in a changing, ambiguous environment, and have a bias toward action.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly collaborative, adept in building relationships and communicating with stakeholders at every level.
- A natural curiosity about robots and automation development, CSS, HTML.
- Proficient with SharePoint, Microsoft Office, and Google applications.
- Maintain empathy towards clients and partners.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment.
- Passion for creating systems that learn and improve.
Required Education and Experience:
Degree focusing in a field such as computer science, machine learning, robotics or related field with a focus on machine vision. Must have the following experience in a software development capacity:
- PhD – 0-2 years’ experience
- Masters – 3-7 years’ experience
- Bachelors – 5-9 years’ experience
Experience with the following:
- AI and traditional computer vision approaches for robotic applications (object detection, segmentation and classification)
- Multiple AI architectures (TensorFlow, caffe, etc.)
- Version control tools: Git, GitHub/GitLab, or similar
Preferred Education and Experience:
Experience with some of the following:
- Libraries: ROS-I, OpenCv, PCL, React.js, Keras, Tensorflow, pyTorch
- Tools: Octave, Ubuntu Linux
- You’ve controlled a physical robot with AI
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Must have a valid passport or obtain one within first 3 months of hire.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will also have occasional work and exposure to robots in a warehouse environment with moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites are often loud enough to require hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, and hear; and frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, must be able to reach with hands and arms, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time, 40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm. There are occasional weekends where you will be expected to work and travel.
20% overnight travel is anticipated for this position.
Must be able to show documentation that shows authorization to legally work in the U.S.
Plus One Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.