Plus One Robotics is looking for a Senior Developer – AI to assist with the development of our artificial intelligence for robots in logistics and e-commerce applications. As part of our Product Development team, you will hit the ground running to plan, develop, test and support the deployment of our Pick One and Yonder software.
As a member of the R&D staff, you will research and evaluate the state of the art in AI/ML-based computer vision. You will also propose and execute projects to advance the state of the art and ensure Plus One Robotics maintains it’s lead in performance, quality, and reliability.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Explore new technologies or applications.
- Develop deep understanding of capabilities and requirements.
- Design and implement rapid tests and proofs of concept to answer questions.
- Present coherent results and analysis.
- Document processes for replication.
- Mentor junior R&D staff
- Meeting with business management, marketing, and the R&D team to discuss product ideas.
- Presenting to management and stakeholders.
- Computer vision and robotics expertise
- Familiarity with a broad range of AI approaches, expert in at least one (DNNs, CNNs, Supervised/Unsupervised/Reinforcement Learning, Generative Adversarial Networks)
- Architect neural networks
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Development skills
Required Education and Experience:
Degree focusing in a field such as computer science, machine learning, robotics or related field with a focus on machine vision. Must have the following experience in a product R&D capacity:
- PhD – 0-2 years’ experience
- Masters – 3-7 years’ experience
- Bachelors – 5-9 years’ experience
Experience with the following:
- AI and traditional computer vision approaches for robotic applications (object detection, segmentation and classification)
Preferred Education and Experience:
Experience with some of the following:
- Libraries: ROS, OpenCv, PCL, React.js, Keras, Tensorflow, pyTorch
- Tools: Git, Octave, Ubuntu Linux
- Area of Focus: Incremental Machine Learning, Bayesian Networks, Gamification, Neural Net architectures, Computer Vision, Learning from Demonstration
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must have reliable transportation.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will also have occasional work in the warehouse, either in our facility or our customer’s. While performing the duties of this job, the intern may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will also have occasional work in the warehouse, either in our facility or our customer’s. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time, 40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm. We can be flexible with schedules for the right candidate. During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is expected that this position will be largely remote.
10% travel is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Must be able to show documentation that shows authorization to legally work in the U.S.
Plus One Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Agreed Upon Schedule:
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.