Pre-Sales Automation Technician – San Antonio
Do you like to work with innovative technology, and do you dream of working for a fast-growing 3D perception, AI, and robotics company?
At Plus One Robotics our motto us “Robots Work. People Rule.” We make AI software for logistics robots.
There are thousands of terrible jobs in e-commerce and fulfillment centers that require people spend all day sorting packages or packing boxes. These companies usually call us when they want to free up their people to do meaningful, value-added work, and put the burden of these boring, repetitive tasks on robots.
What makes us unique is that we have figured out how to handle the constant variation. We can deploy very quickly, and without the risk of failure of more traditional approaches.
This is a technical sales role. You will become a super user of the Plus One Robotics suite of software products, and a primary interface between our sales and development team. You will build customer credibility by developing deep application expertise.
- Supporting the Software Engineer by developing the electromechanical automation solutions for customer applications.
- Hosting in-person, web based, and customer on-site demos.
- Potential of 5-10 days of travel per month.
- When not engaged in pre-sale tasks, you will gain customer experience working with the support team.
- Provide expert application support to our customers in a pre-sale capacity.
- As a super user, support the development and testing new features.
- Support training activities.
We are seeking:
- Experience programming Yaskawa, Fanuc, and/or UR robots
- Understanding of robot safety concepts
- Understanding of how to select and apply various grippers, sensors, and PLC’s
- Mechanically oriented and can design and build test fixtures, mounting brackets, and automated work cells
- Relationship building, both externally and internally
- A bias towards action and getting things done.
- 15-30% travel expected for this role.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to change the world by bringing people and robots together
- Competitive salary with generous benefits and equity!
- World-class team (industry thought leaders and founders of ROS-Industrial OSS)
- Creative, dynamic, energetic work environment
- Opportunity to indulge your passion for robots
This is an exempt full-time position in San Antonio, TX, USA. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.