As a member of the sales team, the Pre-Sales Application Engineer is responsible for securing technical wins. The Pre-Sales Automation Technician will build customer credibility by developing deep application expertise and support the sales team by being the primary technical expert in the sales process.
- Support the Software Engineer by developing the electromechanical automation solutions for customer applications.
- Host in-person, web based, and customer on-site demos.
- Provide expert application support to our customers in a pre-sale capacity.
- Support the development and testing of new features.
- Support training activities.
- Act as liaison between sales and development teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Familiar with the internet and commonly used computer applications and functions.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Understanding of robot safety concepts
- Understanding of how to select and apply various grippers, sensors, and PLC’s
- Ability to design and build test fixtures, mounting brackets, and automated work cells
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve and analyze.
- Sense of urgency, a bias towards action.
- Respectful, team-oriented attitude towards all parties
- Maintains empathy towards clients.
Required Education and Experience:
- Engineering degree preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Experience programming Yaskawa, Fanuc, and/or UR robots
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration, and occasional fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment and job sites are often loud enough to require hearing protection. This job also occasionally operates in a professional office environment, routinely using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time, 40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm.
Potential of 5-10 days of travel per month.
Must be able to show documentation that shows authorization to legally work in the U.S.
Plus One Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.