Join Plus One Robotics as an IT Administrator to get in on the ground floor of a tenacious startup that is developing robotic solutions for logistics and e-commerce applications. As an IT Administrator within our Operations team, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, organizing, modifying, and installing Plus One’s computer systems.
- Providing guidance regarding all IT related inquiries at the user level and ensuring the optimal running of all systems.
- Installing and supporting LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Installing and maintaining network hardware and software.
- Analyzing, isolating, and correcting IT related issues.
- Monitoring networks to ensure security and availability to individual users.
- Evaluating and modifying system performance.
- Determining network and system requirements.
- Maintaining integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Designing and deploying networks.
- Performing network address assignment.
- Assigning routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assigning configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintaining network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers and printers.
- Maintaining network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
- Administrating servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Allocating and maintaining IT equipment.
- Diagnosing hardware and software issues.
- Documenting and maintaining IT inventory.
- Reviewing and resolving IT help desk tickets.
- Developing a program for InfoSec compliance.
- Maintaining InfoSec compliance using audits and corrective actions.
We are seeking:
- Fundamental understanding of networking concepts.
- Ability to understand and implement security best practices.
- Willingness to periodically perform system maintenance outside of core hours.
- Proven network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills.
- Hands-on troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of computing infrastructures.
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency with scripting languages.
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex, technical issues.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team driven environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in a network administration role.
- Comptia A+, Comptia Linux +, or Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation advantageous.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server.
- Previous experience with Cisco switches and routers preferred.
- MCSE certification a plus.
- CISSP, CCNA, or CCNP certification a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will also have occasional work and exposure to robots, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites may at times be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time, 40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm.
San Antonio, TX, USA.
Minimal travel may be required.
Must be able to show documentation that shows authorization to legally work in the U.S.
Plus One Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.