Integration Engineer Intern – Spring
Join Plus One Robotics as a Integration Engineer Intern to get in on the ground floor of a tenacious startup company that is developing web-connected robotic solutions for logistics and e-commerce applications. As a member of the technical staff, the Integration Engineer Intern is responsible for efficiently integrating robotic/controls hardware with Plus One’s software. This includes specification reviews, development, design reviews, simple mechanical designs, documentation, pre-production builds and testing demonstration systems and pilot systems.
- Assist in conceptualizing, modeling, simulating, designing, analyzing, fabricating, and testing demo/pilot robotic systems
- Create, innovate, and invent new/better automation products/solutions for material handling
- Assist in producing design drawings, assembly drawings, assembly/work instructions, and bill of materials
- Operate common power tools for modification and construction purposes
- Provide technical, budgetary, and schedule information to mentor
We are seeking:
A student who is a junior or higher, at least a 3.5 GPA, currently studying mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or any related field. Reliable transportation is a must.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Solidworks, ROS
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux (Ubuntu)
- Tools: Git, Github/Gitlab, QtCreator (or other IDE)
- Experience working in a warehouse/fulfillment center
What we offer:
- The opportunity to change the world by bringing people and robots together
- Competitive salary
- World-class team (founders of ROS-Industrial OSS)
- Creative, dynamic, energetic work environment
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part or Full time, 10-40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm. We can be flexible with schedules for the right candidate.