Join Plus One Robotics as a Integration Engineer Intern to get in on the ground floor of a tenacious startup company that is developing web-connected robotic solutions for logistics and e-commerce applications. As a member of the technical staff, the Integration Engineer Intern is responsible for efficiently integrating robotic/controls hardware with Plus One’s software. This includes specification reviews, development, design reviews, simple mechanical designs, documentation, pre-production builds and testing demonstration systems and pilot systems.
- Assist in conceptualizing, modeling, simulating, designing, analyzing, fabricating, and testing demo/pilot robotic systems
- Create, innovate, and invent new/better automation products/solutions for material handling
- Assist in producing design drawings, assembly drawings, assembly/work instructions, and bill of materials
- Operate common power tools for modification and construction purposes
- Provide technical, budgetary, and schedule information to mentor
- Write manufacture and test procedures and installation instructions. Participate in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products
- Program robots or assist in the testing of robotic systems while following industry safety standards
We are seeking:
A student who is a junior or higher, at least a 3.5 GPA, currently studying mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or any related field. Reliable transportation is a must.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
- Comfortable familiarity with the internet and commonly used computer applications and functions.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Sense of urgency, a bias towards action.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Maintains empathy towards clients.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Solidworks, ROS
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux (Ubuntu)
- Tools: Git, Github/Gitlab, QtCreator (or other IDE)
- Experience working in a warehouse/fulfillment center
What we offer:
- The opportunity to change the world by bringing people and robots together
- Competitive salary
- World-class team (founders of ROS-Industrial OSS)
- Creative, dynamic, energetic work environment
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part or Full time, 10-40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm. We can be flexible with schedules for the right candidate.