Join Plus One Robotics as a Facilities Technician on our Operations Team to get in on the ground floor of a tenacious startup that is developing robotics solutions for logistics and e-commerce applications.
- Obtain and process product orders: Includes receiving deliveries, registering them, and distributing packages and letters within the company
- Maintain the company stockroom through organizing, cleaning and cataloging items on a regular basis
- Schedule large shipments and plan logistics to ensure that there is sufficient storage space for incoming items and staff on hand to manage the shipments
- Keep files of goods shipped and received by preparing regular shipping and receiving reports for managers
- Troubleshoot shipping issues and customer complaints that arise and work to solve them
- Place merchandise in a warehouse or storage facility by packaging, lifting items as necessary, operating forklifts and pallet jacks for large goods
- Assemble wooden or cardboard containers or select preassembled containers
- Insert items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding
- Follow safe working practices and make appropriate use of related safety equipment as required
- Assemble, repair, maintain, and move furniture, such as desks, cabinets, tables, chairs, shelves, and related fittings and fixtures
- Assist with 5S tasks such as floor taping
- Assist with machine cell assembly
- Assist fellow employees by delivering palletized inventory items
- Organize and maintain cleanliness in the shop/warehouse
- Maintain client-specific package set inventory and check in/check out process
- Exemplary customer care skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office, email, etc.
- Ability to operate warehouse machinery such as forklifts
- Detail-oriented and multitasking skills
- Safely and effectively use, operate, and maintain equipment and tools
- Understand, interpret, and apply all pertinent laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Independently organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills and establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships
- Maintain records and files on work performed
- Any combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must have reliable transportation
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will also have occasional work and exposure to robots, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites may at times be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time, 40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm.
San Antonio, TX, USA.
No overnight travel is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Must be able to show documentation that shows authorization to legally work in the U.S.
Plus One Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Agreed Upon Schedule
40 hours per week
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.