Director of HR
Join Plus One Robotics as the Director of HR to get in on the ground floor of a tenacious startup company that is developing web-connected robotic solutions for logistics and e-commerce applications! You will lead in a strategic capacity to cultivate a vibrant company culture, forecast and execute recruiting and retention efforts, oversee payroll and benefits, and maintain compliance. The HR Director will also oversee the daily functions of the HR department including but not limited to: hiring and interviewing staff; managing pay, benefits, and leave; managing cultural activities; and enforcing company policies and practices.
As a small company, Plus One will expect the HR Director to take on some of the task work of the department until it grows along with the company.
- Own and maintain the relationships with partner recruiting agencies.
- Manage the recruiting process, both externally and internally.
- Oversee and maintain total compensation and cost of living information in our different markets.
- Construct a system of career ladders and corresponding pay grades for positions within the company; manage this as the company grows and creates new positions.
- Purchase/maintain an HRIS.
- Manage the process for employee reviews, incentives, and promotions.
- Oversee new hire onboarding/orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Train and guide management on handling morale, productivity, and disciplinary matters.
- Oversee visa application process for non-US staff.
- Oversee and manage disputes and investigations.
- Manage compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Partner with IT to apply/manage information security processes and procedures on company-issued devices.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Manage employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 5 years minimum HR experience.
- 3 years minimum management experience.
- Established network of technical recruiting contacts and resources.
- Working familiarity with an HRIS.
- Experience building salary bands/pay grades and constructing career ladders.
- SHRM-CP or PHR required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Must have reliable transportation.
This role will serve on the leadership team in a strategic capacity and lead the department and any HR staff.
Occasional travel outside the local area.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to change the world by bringing people and robots together
- Competitive salary with 100% paid benefits, and equity opportunity
- 8-week 100% paid maternity leave
- 4-week 100% paid paternity leave
- Work alongside a world-class team (founders of ROS-Industrial OSS)
- Creative, dynamic, energetic work environment
- Opportunity to indulge your passion for robots/technology
- And last but not least, Taco Mondays!
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.