Associate Web Developer
Plus One Robotics takes a novel approach to human/robot collaboration. As an Associate Web Developer, you are joining a team of passionate web developers and web engineers that are adding ‘human-in-the-loop’ capabilities to the robot’s workflow. In short, even the best AI-enabled computer vision system is not perfect. Sometimes the robot needs help from a human. Plus One’s “Yonder” system enables robots to call for help over the internet where a single human on the other side can respond to this and many other robots.
We primarily deploy on Linux and Cloud environments, with a stack including React, Redux, Nodejs, and Docker.
- Executes sprint taskings by writing high-quality code utilizing open source and existing in-house technology
- Assists in making designs and assists in testing technical solutions
- Creates unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Effectively manages his/her own time independently in order to estimate time requirements and complete sprint goals.
- Assists in reviewing code submitted by others for quality and completeness.
- Is responsive to and participative in team communications during business hours via in-person, phone, and chats.
- Gives periodic demonstrations of their work progress to the broader team including executives.
- Creates developer documentation describing new functionality they have created.
- Works well with others and respectful of those will differing skill sets and expertise levels.
- Adheres to the overall branching and CICD workflows established by their immediate team.
- Above all: The Associate Developer is willing to learn from senior team members and, if necessary, be self-determined to rapidly become proficient in unfamiliar technologies currently used by the team.
We are seeking:
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system, namely Ubuntu.
- Basic proficiency with Git.
- Some familiarity with React, Redux, NodeJS, Docker, GraphQL, HTML, CSS and/or RxJS.
- Ability to adapt with changing technologies & frameworks.
- Ability to learn new skills, tools, development kits, frameworks, etc. A growth mindset.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
Nice to Haves:
- BS in Comp-Sci or a related field, or equivalent applicable industry experience
- 1-3 years professional developer experience
- Familiarity with cloud architectures (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with Docker/Containerization
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to change the world by bringing people and robots together
- Competitive salary with 100% paid for benefits, and equity opportunity
- 8-week 100% paid maternity leave
- 4-week 100% paid paternity leave
- World-class team (founders of ROS-Industrial OSS)
- Creative, dynamic, energetic work environment
- Opportunity to indulge your passion for robots
Please include your resumé and cover letter when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.